6 Fishiest Things to do In Grenada
1. Go Offshore Fishing. We cannot stress enough here at Big Fish Grenada how EPIC the offshore fishing is in Grenada. With your average day being multiple shots at billfish with the possibility of getting a Grand Slam any day sprinkled in with the possibility of tunas and mahi, Grenada’s offshore fishery truly is world class! BOOK A TRIP WITH US to get in on this ACTION!
2. Fish for Toothy Speed Demons outside of the reef. Upon request, we will target Wahoo with Barracuda and the occasional King Mackerel in the mix trolling the amazing structure Grenada has that holds these toothy fish. With sharp drop offs outside of the reefs, these fish school up and ambush their prey in these areas. We even snag a billfish on occasion along these edges as well.
3. Fish for Inshore Species along the Southern Bays. Grenada holds snook, tarpon, and snappers along its coastline offering some inshore fishing action. These beautiful bays containing coral, shoals, and mangroves make for some fun light tackle fishing action in their calm and protected waters. Relaxing, scenic, and eventful.
4. Fish the Spice Island International Billfish Tournament. Crews come from all over the Southern Caribbean to compete in the SIBT, and the parties are going strong every night back at the dock. Marlin, Sailfish, and tuna are the main targets in this tournament, and with generous fishing hours, you are sure to get some bites! The awards gala spares no expense with open bars and 3 full buffet stations, you will be sure to get your fill of food, drink, and hopefully prizes.
5. Jump off of the boat at Grand Anse Beach with your Billfish Catch Flag.
It’s a billfishing tradition that after catching your first billfish, when you get back to the dock, you jump in the water to commemorate your catch!
6. Catch a big yellowfin tuna and take it to YOLO or Carib Sushi for Spicy Tuna Rolls.