Grenada is truly a hidden gem in the Caribbean and especially the Bluewater Fishing scene it offers. This place has been kept under the radar for many years, but it is quickly becoming not only a must fish destination but also a must visit/vacation destination. From the phenomenal Bluewater Fishing to the beautiful and friendly island, there is so much that Grenada has to offer for everyone!
So let’s start with the FISHING… Prime time for fishing in Grenada is November through May, but you have an opportunity to catch fish throughout the year in Grenada and the nearby islands that we offer live aboard trips to. Grenada has fantastic numbers of Sailfish with days of double digit bites a real possibility on our Full Day Trips, as well as big Yellowfin Tuna ranging from 80-200+ pounds on any given day, and there is always a great chance at a Blue Marlin or two as well. White Marlin are not uncommon as well asMahi Mahi (aka Doplhin or Dorado), and the Wahoo fishing can be absolutely incredible when targeted!
Grenada – “The Spice Island”
The lush island of Grenada is lined with beautiful beaches, secluded coves, crisscrossed with nature trails and laced with spice plantations. Grenada offers plenty to do for those who do not fish or even just on a lay day from fishing you can enjoy the beaches, explore the waterfalls in the rainforest (there is even one you can jump off of for those thrill seekers out there), float down one of the natural lazy rivers on tubes…
Go to the local Rum Distillery, try out their brand of rum and tour the distillery, spend some time at the local chocolate factory and get their amazing chocolates….
SO WHY GRENADA?
– Marlin Magazine Article – June 5, 2018 CLICK HERE to READ
– Wall Street Journal – one of the hottest places to travel for 2018!
– Travel and Leisure – Third Best Place to Travel in the World!
– Trip Advisor – Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel one of the Top 25 Hotels in the World!
– Conde Nast – La Source Grenada Top Hotels of the Caribbean.
– CNN and USA Today – Grand Anse Beach is one of the Top Beaches in the World!
– Caribbean Journal – Destination of the Year!
– Bluewater Fishing starts as little as 5 miles from the island and can be spectacular with good chances of multiple billfish catches a day, Grand Slam possibilities (3 different types of Billfish in one day), and an excellent sushi forecast given the yellowfin tuna run!
– Easy to get in and out as most hotel accommodations and rental houses are within 20 minutes or less from the international airport. Spend more time in the sun then traveling!
– Lodging accommodations vary from extremely reasonable hotels to Luxury 5 Stay Boutique Resorts.
– Villas available for rent of modest nature up to lifestyles of the rich and famous